The Benefits of Title Insurance
A home is usually the largest single investment any of us will ever make. When you purchase a home, you will purchase several types of insurance coverage to protect your home and personal property. Home owners or hazard insurance protects against loss from fire, theft, or wind damage. Flood insurance protects against rising water.
A unique coverage known as title insurance protects against hidden title hazards that may threaten the financial investment of your home.
Our Services Include:
- All Areas of Real Estate Law
- Real Estate Negotiations and Contracts
- Estate Planning, Wills & Trusts
- Title Searches
- Independent Real Estate Title Insurance Agency
- Commercial and Residential Transactions
- Locally Owned and Operated
- On Site Title Records (deeds, deeds of trust, etc.)
- Here are a few common hidden risks that can cause loss of title or create an encumbrance on a title:
- False impersonation of true owner of the property
- Forged deeds, releases or wills
- Undisclosed or missing heirs
- Instruments executed under invalid power of attorney
- Mistakes when recording legal documents
- Misinterpretations of wills
- Deeds by persons of unsound mind
- Deeds by minors
- Deeds by persons supposedly single, but in fact married
- Liens for unpaid estates, inheritance, income or gift taxes
The title insurance is issued after a careful examination of copies of public records. But even the most thorough search cannot absolutely assure that no title hazards are present, despite the knowledge and experience of professional title examiners.
In addition to matters shown by public records, other title problems may exist that cannot be disclosed in a search.