A crashing Chinese economy, sinking commodity prices, and other factors have made the 2016 economic outlook seem somewhat dismal (just ask the candidates running for president). But one industry seems to be bucking those negative trends, and still growing after years of positive performance. According to the 2016 Emerging Trends in Real Estate, which was just released by the Urban Land Institute, the outlook for the next 12 months is rosy, with one analyst going so far as to call it “doggone good.” What trends and forces are at play in this uplifting analysis? Here’s a breakdown of the 10 factors that the authors of the report, Urban Land Institute and PriceWaterhouseCoopers, and the hundreds of industry analysts they interviewed and surveyed, believe will shape the landscape for the year to come.
- Bill would designate 7,500 acres as federally protected wilderness areas
- Knoxville ranked as No. 10 ‘most romantic’ city
- Claim and Issue Preclusion Do Not Protect Tenants from Joint and Several Liability
- Site Selectors conference puts spotlight on Nashville
- Miranda Lambert Buys Gorgeous 400-Acre Tennessee Estate